We, at Neighbourly, like to think that neighbourhoods were the original social networks. While Facebook, Instagram and the likes are great for on-the-go entertainment, Neighbourly provides you with kiwi as, genuine and positive interactions with your nearby community.
Here are the key differences between Neighbourly and Facebook :
- We’re 100% kiwi owned - unlike Facebook or other large-scale community platforms, we understand the Aotearoa way of life and celebrate our team of 5M in all corners of the site
- We build interactions in your community. Neighbourly gives you the opportunity to build friendship circles right around you, where it's most relevant to your everyday life!
- We protect your privacy. Neighbourly communities are private - posts and profiles can only be accessed by verified members who use their real names
- We celebrate local good and social change. We’re all for encouraging positive and progressive community organisations, businesses and individuals who thrive to create a better Aotearoa
- We foster positivity and respect. Here at Neighbourly, we're all about the aroha/love. We offer you a space for important discussions that are moderated by inclusive Guidelines
- We make sure you stay in touch with the news that affects you. Neighbourly helps you keep up with all the breaking crime and safety news which may affect your neighbourhood (ie - an accident on a street near you)
You will receive these other benefits through Neighbourly if you become a member:
- The security of knowing all your neighbours have been address verified and are who they say they are
- The ability to create groups and interact with people who share the same interests as you
- The local business directory, ensuring you can find the coolest spots right next door and support growing companies
- The ability to create and promote local events within your neighbourhood that allow you to meet your neighbours, making your local environment a friendlier and safer place
- The possibility to get your community events featured in the newspaper, thanks to our What’s On section
- The opportunity to buy, sell and trade items with no commission fees
- A super responsive, friendly support team you can contact at any time