Before you can gain permanent access to your Neighbourly neighbourhood and participate in community discussions, you must verify your address. Neighbourly's Address Verification requirement helps create a safe and trusted environment where members can feel reassured they're connecting with real, authentic people who live nearby!
Please note - both the licence and document check look for a precise match between the information on your licence/document and your profile. If the verification does not work, check the following details:
- Is your name displayed the same on your Neighbourly profile?
- Is your address displayed the same on your Neighbourly profile?
- If using a document - is the address visibly displayed on the document?
- Is this document from an official provider?
Have a look at our most frequently asked questions below for more answers, and/or don't hesitate to get in touch with our lovely help team if you're having trouble.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do I have to go through the verification process again after changing addresses?
Whenever you update address or move home, we need to verify your address to make sure you are indeed living where you say you do. This ensures your new neighbours know they are speaking to a trustworthy member of their community.
2. The licence check does not work. Why?
Our licence checks, hosted by third party websites (link Linz or Datazoo...) look for a precise match between the information on your licence and the one supplied on your account. If your name or address is displayed differently, this may be enough to fail the check. Don't hesitate to supply a document for verification or get in touch with us if you're having trouble - we'll be able to verify your account for you!
3. I supplied an enveloppe showing my address, but the verification was denied. Why?
We need to view a document from an official provider in order to verify your account. As anyone can send mail to any address, this isn't sufficient proof of you living there. You can use a bank statement, internet/phone bill, rental agreement...
4. My temporary verification has run out - what now?
Temporary verification allows you to experience the platform before you fully verify your address. If you finish your 28 day trial without verifying, you will go back to having a restricted view of your neighbourhood. Simply use the driver licence check or contact us to verify your address!