2024 Neighbourly promotion – Prospa Local Business Hero
Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions govern the 2024 Neighbourly Prospa Local Business Hero promotion (the “promotion”).
- The promoter is Neighbourly of 4 Williamson Ave, Auckland, New Zealand (the “Promoter”).
- The promotion period for nominations commences at 9am (Auckland time) on Friday 9 February 2024 and closes at 11.59pm (Auckland time) on Sunday 10 March 2024 (the “Nomination Period”).
- Information on this promotion set out in any communications from the Promoter form part of these Terms & Conditions. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- Entry into this promotion by making a Prospa Local Business Hero nomination (a “nomination”) and/or the acceptance and receipt of a prize by the winner(s) is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and agreement to be bound by them. If a nominator, nominated business and/or prize winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions, it must promptly inform the Promoter in writing and any prize will be forfeited.
The promotion is restricted to nominations from participants who satisfy the following eligibility requirements (“Eligibility Requirements”):
- must be at least 13 years of age;
- must be a New Zealand resident and be residing in New Zealand at the time the finalists and National winner are announced;
- must be a Neighbourly member;
- must not be, or be a member of the immediate family of, an employee of the Promoter or Prospa NZ Ltd (“Prospa”) or the business being nominated;
- must be making a genuine nomination based on firsthand experience of the business and not be a friend of the business being nominated;
- must only nominate a business that is established and operating in New Zealand;
- must make a nomination in accordance with any required form during the Nomination Period.
- Neighbourly staff, agencies and their families cannot nominate a business, or be nominated, in connection with the promotion.
- To enter, a nomination must be submitted on the Neighbourly platform during the Nomination Period. There is no word limit or limit to the number of photos that may be attached to a nomination. All entries received outside the Nomination Period, including for the avoidance of doubt on or after 11.59pm on Sunday 10 March 2024, will be considered null and void.
- The Promoter reserves the right to: (i) request nominators and/or nominated businesses provide proof of eligibility in connection with the promotion including (but not limited to) age, identity and residence, and (ii) exclude at its sole discretion a nomination if it determines that the Eligibility Requirements have not been met in respect of that nomination.
- Chance plays no part in winning this promotion and the entries will be judged by the Promoter at 4 Williamson Ave, Auckland, New Zealand.
- One finalist from each of the Neighbourly regions (11 in total) will be chosen by a Neighbourly panel. The 11 regions are: Northland, Auckland, Bay of Plenty, Waikato, Taranaki, Hawke’s Bay/Gisborne, Manawatu-Wanganui, Nelson-Marlborough, Canterbury-West Coast, and Otago-Southland.
Nominations will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Overall quality of entry (based on the nomination explaining why the business is worthy of a nomination, including images and information identifying the business)
- Engagement by community (including ‘likes’, thanks and messages of support for the business from community members)
- Each of the 11 regional finalists selected by the Promoter will receive a prize. The prize for each of the 11 regional finalists is a NZ Local Business Hero Finalist Certificate, Neighbourly 12-month Premium Business listing (valued at $399) and a $100 Prezzy® gift card. The Neighbourly members who submitted the selected nominations for the 11 regional finalists will receive a $100 Prezzy® gift card. The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The 11 regional finalists prize winners, and the associated nominators, will be contacted in the week commencing 18 March 2024. The Promoter will arrange for delivery of the prizes.
- The 11 regional finalists will be announced in a poll in connection with the promotion published on the Neighbourly platform on Sunday 24 March 2024. Neighbourly members will be invited to vote in the poll to decide the overall National winner.
- Voting for the National winner will commence on Sunday 24 March 2024 and close at 11.59pm Sunday 7 April 2024. The entry with the most votes at the conclusion of this period will be judged the National winner of the promotion.
- The National winner will receive a NZ Local Business Hero Winner Certificate, $2500 cash, Stuff advertising package (valued at $5000) and a Neighbourly advertising package valued at $2500 (two regional sponsored posts + one Annual Premium Business listing).
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter will arrange for delivery of the National winner prize.
- The prize must be taken as offered and is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Any costs associated with entering the promotion or redeeming items, are the responsibility and at the sole cost of the nominator and/or prize winner (as applicable).
- Prospa’s involvement in the promotion is limited to the sponsorship of certain of the prizes and Prospa is permitted to promote the promotion at its discretion in its internal and external communications and/or promotional materials. To the extent permitted by law, Prospa exclaims all other responsibility and liability in connection with the administration and offering of the promotion, including any decision or judgment in connection with the promotion.
- The Promoter and Prospa and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special, or consequential loss or loss of profits) or damage or personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion or the acceptance or use of any redemption item (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, in which case it will be excluded to the minimum allowable by law.
- Each of the Promoter and Prospa are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof (including, but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this promotion.
- Except for warranties and conditions implied by law which cannot be excluded, each of the Promoter and Prospa do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality or suitability of any prizes awarded under these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting a nomination and/or the acceptance and receipt of a prize by the winner(s), the nominator and/or winner(s) (as applicable) is deemed to consent to their names, any interviews and/or photographs being used for any publicity associated with this promotion without further payment or other compensation.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, for example due to (including, but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may take any action including cancelling or modifying the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.