If you're wanting to contact your local community newspaper to share an upcoming event, media story or a letter to the editor, you can do this using your verified Neighbourly account.
To submit a What's On event
- Visit www.neighbourly.co.nz/whats-on (or click here). You will be prompted to sign in to Neighbourly if you're not already logged in, or create your account
- Select the publication you wish to submit an event to
- Add venue details, date and time of your event
- Add an event title
- Add an event description (30 words or less)
- Click SUBMIT EVENT
Please note that your event may be edited to meet guidelines and events are published at editor's discretion.
If your event is recurring, please create a new submission for each event. As each event will appear on the Neighbourly website, please limit your submissions to one per week and avoid submitting multiple events at once.
If your event gets cancelled and you want to stop the event from being published, please submit the event with 'CANCELLED' in the heading so this information can be forwarded to the relevant paper for you.
If you need to change any details listed in your event, you'll need to submit another event on our What's On page. Fill out all the fields and write 'AMENDED' in the heading so this information can be updated by our editors.
To contact a community newspaper
- Sign in to your Neighbourly account, then click on PUBLICATIONS in the top navigation bar (or click here)
- Locate the publication you wish to contact. If you're wanting to contact a newspaper beyond your local area, untick LOCAL PUBLICATIONS to view all newspapers
- Click on the publication
- In the middle navigation bar, click on CONTACT
- Use the drop-down menu to select your reason for contacting the publication (Letter to the editor, News tip, Out and About, Message our reporter, Message our vet about your pet)
- Write your message
- Click ADD AN IMAGE OR DOCUMENT if you wish to include an attachment
- Click SEND MESSAGE
Please note that a verified Neighbourly profile is required in order to contact your local newspaper using the platforms above. If you need a hand with your address verification or getting set up on Neighbourly, please get in touch and we'll be happy to help.