Neighbourly has a set of moderation principles to ensure conversations on our website remain civil and productive.
In light of COVID-19 and the proliferation of online conspiracy theories surrounding other polarising issues, we are also moderating content to help prevent misinformation spreading throughout our communities - however well-intentioned some messages may be.
Content moderated (removed) by Neighbourly may include:
- COVID-19 and vaccine conspiracy theories
- Alternative cures and prevention methods
- Theories around causes and how the virus spreads
- Information we believe to be misleading or harmful to the wellbeing of New Zealand communities
- Fake COVID-19 Government announcements
- Any other non-scientifically based information, or information not in line with the Unite against COVID-19 website.
If you spot a post in your neighbourhood that you believe contains incorrect information relating to community issues, please report it to the Neighbourly team for review.
Please avoid publicly calling out a neighbour for sharing misinformation, and instead send them a friendly private message explaining why the information they've shared is of concern.